Thursday, August 14
You are all very excited about Nozbe 2.0 development. We are too! :) Sylwia, one of the fantastic Nozbe users, wrote:
You can't imagine how impatiently I wait for every new version! I just love this program!
What our development team has been working on?
These are things that are ready to go - just waiting for beta 5 :)
- New architecture of Evernote and Dropbox integration
- Adding notes in attachments view
Engineers are now working on:
- Bug fixes in the Calendar view
- Improving Calendar performance
- Printing option
- lots of other small fixes and bugs (fixing, fixing, fixing...)
We released Nozbe 2.0 beta 4 last week.
- Settings view
- Spanish, German, Japanese and Polish versions of the app
- Changing language in settings view
- Managing 3rd party apps from settings view
- Better performance of animations
- Small style changes
- New heart icon for pinned (favorites) attachments
- Link icon in task related attachments
- Mark all comments as read button in infobar
- Show/hide tasks with read comments button in unread comments infobar
- Style changes in unread comments view
- [fix] Moving task from Inbox and set delegation set star
- [fix] normal size field for new person in project sharing popover
Features that may not work:
- Dropbox and Box integration
- Quick entry on OS X
- Adding tasks in the Calendar View
- Sidebar edit mode options
Please, remember this is a "beta" product. Many things don't work correctly yet so you better not use it in the mission-critical environment. If you are brave enough to work with Nozbe 2.0 beta though, send us your feed back. It will be most appreciated! :)
Thanks so much for being with us and supporting our team in their hard development works!
Tuesday, August 12
A recent change in integration allows for more dynamic approach to your files.
One of the recent updates, as most of you have noticed, has introduced some changes to the integration offered with Dropbox and Box.net. Though the core has not changed and things work as before in the area of attaching files/archives to the project, a major shift has happened on the more frequently used end - the comments.
What's changed and how it works now
Before the amendments, this integration was quite static. If you wanted to make changes in a document and have its latest version available in Nozbe, you needed to replace the older version of this file with the new one. Many of you were unhappy with that, and there is neither secret nor surprise in that.
Changes in API on our end, as well as by the other apps, allowed us to make it more dynamic. Now, instead of downloading the file in question into Nozbe, as it was before, the integration in comments adds a direct link.
This in turn means that your Comments will not become outdated... As as soon as you update a file in your Dropbox or Box, the new material is instantly available via the link in your comment.
It changed - how is it now?
Once again, the integration on the project level remains unchanged. Amendments apply only to your comments area. It is a widget-based option.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Choose either Dropbox or Box.net icon in the new comment window
- Click on "Add file from box" (in case you chose Dropbox it will be "...from Dropbox")
- A widget asking for your access will appear
- Nozbe will show you a picker window with all your Box files - simply pick one and use "Select" button
- The link to selected file will appear in comment window and you will need to confirm it by clicking "Add comment"
- And here you have the result
To wrap things up
We trust this change will be to your benefit. Please, remember that the old way still applies, but only to your files attached directly to projects.
Written by Delfina Gerbert-Czarniecka - (Nozbe Support Team - CHO - Chief Happiness Officer)
Tuesday, August 12
History of productivity: from dinosaur ages to Nozbe - a story by a happy Nozbe customer - Juan Antonio Dominion
This is an amazing testimonial we have received from Mr. Juan Antonio Dominion - a fantastic Nozbe user. He wrote it to let us know he appreciates our work and support. Thanks to moments like these, we love what we do even more!
Here goes the story:
Dinosaurs and Franklin Planners
I have been around since the dinosaur ages of Project and Task Management, since before people "got things done" and muddled along with paper planners and things called "pens" and "pencils". These huge binders were called Franklin Planners, and the guy that sold the methodology to make them work was named Stephen Covey. Back then, there were only "7 Habits" that highly effective people had to adopt to be successful in their organization.
Needless to say, I have tried every computerized gizmo or gadget or software that has come along since then, from the abysmal Franklin Planner "software" - if you can call it that. Nozbe does so much more with an iPad app than the Franklin Planner's huge, clunky programs did, but they synced with Outlook - and what a joy Outlook was to work with. (Intended sarcasm there!)
Other productivity tools with strange names
Before Nozbe, there was also the Pocket Informant software, which migrated one from a Palm Pilot (yes they were really called that) to a "smart" phone, which was a Windows Mobile phone, and at that time, they really though they were "smart"! There was Remember The Milk, Toodledo, and variants such as the "Trog Bar" - yes that really is what they call it - and the Reqall, which purportedly made one more productive by having you call a voice memo service for everything.
A strong willed innovator
Well, yes, we certainly have come a long way, haven't we? And still, there comes along a bright, strong willed, and conscious innovator like Michael Sliwinski, who would turn the world on its head with an app that would also be strangely named: Nozbe.
But the thing about Nozbe is that it works. Yes, it does. If you just follow the informative videos, or if you cannot understand the content of the videos, you can always read the text on the Nozbe Website. It does help to have an understanding of the fact that there does exist an over arching methodology to the Nozbe system, called "Getting Things Done®", or affectionately, GTD®. Nonetheless, just the information that Mr. Sliwinski propounds in the content on the Nozbe Website is enough to get someone to maximum productivity with the Nozbe applications - and fast!
Keeping up with the Joneses
Like all software companies, I'm sure Nozbe is trying hard to keep up with the Joneses in that they must be constantly innovating to supply the appropriate software for the new operating systems that are almost constantly changing or being released as new. For example, I almost went with another GTD® app, called "Get it Done", just because they have a Windows 8 version, but I don't even like Windows 8, and that is another story.
The first day
So, today, I worked with the Nozbe system for my first real day of work. I was able to easily and quickly get all of my hundred or so Tasks out of my Nozbe Inbox and into the appropriate Contexts, Projects, and Next Actions. By the end of my day, I had not only accomplished about 20 of my tasks - phone calls and what not - but I was also able to ORGANIZE MY LIFE like a Ninja, as Mr. Sliwinski refers to the more competent Nozbe users.
The exponential potential
There are still many areas of Nozbe that I have not even learned yet, but the potential is exponential. Now that I have a trusted and well working system with which to process my Tasks, I will be able to accomplish so much more in my day-to-day routine than ever before.
At the end of my day today, I still had some apps for GTD® that I had downloaded to my iPad and not opened yet. After opening these 5 apps to check them out, I am further convicted in my support of the Nozbe apps, software, system and team. Thank you, Mr. Sliwinski, and Delfina, from your support department for guiding me through my first real world day of getting things done with Nozbe!
I am just so thankful that I gave Nozbe that second chance to be my trusted system. Now, there is no looking back.
Friday, August 8
Below you can find list of fresh improvements delivered in Beta 4.
- Spanish, German, Japanese and Polish versions of the app. Of course this is still "beta" so there can be some misspellings in translations. If you find one, please do report it. The option to change the language is (as always) available on the login page and in the...
- ...Settings view where you can find some more of the new cool features like managing 3rd party apps integration. All in one view!
- Performance. We've optimized some animations of the app to make it even smoother.
- New Comments view improvements. We've added button to mark all comment as read as well as some filters to let users determine if they want the tasks with read comments to disappear from the view immediately or not.
For full Release Notes please go to our test blog.
Download Beta 4
Here you can find all the details, download Nozbe 2.0 Beta 4 for Windows, OS X and Linux and sign up for Android version.
As usual, we really count on your fantastic feedback!
Wednesday, August 6
Our fantastic beta-testers are working really hard finding and reporting issues in Nozbe 2.0 Beta v.3 Believe it or not but hundreds of people send us regular feedback and comments every single day. At the same time, Nozbe programming ninjas debug all they can and as fast as it is only possible. Such a nice cooperation will let us deliver 4th beta version which will be ready on Friday, August, 8.
What's cooking, doc? :-)
Here is a list of improvements, functions and fixes in the upcoming Nozbe 2.0 beta:
- Settings view where you will find some cool new features like changing the app language or managing 3rd party apps integration. All in one view!
- Performance. We've optimized some animations of the app to make it even smoother
- You won't be able to continue Chinese lessons which means that the famous Chinese bug has been fixed
- New Comments view improvements. We've added button to mark all comment as read as well as some filters to let users determine if they want to have the tasks with read comments disappear from the view immediately or not
If the tech-guys minimize the amount of sleep even more and skip some lunches (none of them smokes so they can't skip cigarette breaks), we will be able to deliver also these:
- Evernote and Dropbox integration. We're redesigning architecture of these integrations to make them work better with Nozbe 2.0
- Calendar performance and bug fixes. Calendar is always hard topic in this kind of app. We are fixing the most annoying bugs in this view and improving performance.
These are quite complicated issues though, so it might be that you will see them in beta 5... we'll see.
The whole Nozbe team is really moved. We keep receiving new requests from people willing to join the beta-testing team and those who are already a part of it are working really hard and deliver in-depth feedback. We can't stop saying thank you for testing Nozbe 2.0 and helping us build the best suite of productivity apps in the world :)
Follow Nozbe 2.0 on Instagram
We're posting regular updates of our Nozbe 2.0 development on a dedicated Instagram channel - if you're curious and want to be up-to-date with all the updates, tune in to follow "@nozbe" on Instagram and let us know what you think!