Wednesday, October 1, 2014
One of the few things that we wanted to do before the public release of OneNozbe for all the platforms was this tutorial. We are aware that for some of you moving from Nozbe 1.9.3 to 2.0 might be a big (but fantastic! :)) step. With all the new functions and interface it can be hard to work as smoothly and "automatically" as before. That's why it is here - watch the tutorial and be on the ball!
Private lesson with Michael Sliwinski, Nozbe founder and CEO :)
What we suggest is that you download a Nozbe 2.0 beta version for the platform you use, watch the tutorial and try out each operation according to Michael's guidelines. Stop and replay the parts with the new features. The tutorial lasts just 14 minutes and 30 seconds, but the whole lesson will perhaps take you 30 minutes or so but then - when new Nozbe finally hits the market - you are all set to get things done faster and more efficient than ever before.
What will you find out in the tutorial?
This short video covers the crucial aspects of Nozbe productivity system. Watch Michael:
- Presenting the new navigation in Nozbe
- Working with his Nozbe Inbox
- Adding and editing projects and tasks
- Outlining all the parameters you can use to facilitate your workflow
- Explaining the "Priority Tasks" idea
- Showing how to cooperate with your team in Nozbe
- Using labels and categories to get organized
- Explaining the usage of Nozbe Calendar
Michael also speaks of integration with other apps and new sorting and filtering options.
Spare some time and become Nozbe 2.0 pro-user :)
We are now working hard to record the tutorial in all Nozbe languages: German, Japanese, Polish and Spanish. Next week not only the English-speaking Nozbe users will rock in Nozbe 2.0 :)
We are constantly improving the app
Although it might seem we are just procrastinating :) be sure, we are still working to enhance the way OneNozbe works. Our programming ninjas' current missions:
- New keyboard shortcuts testing - we have implemented some new keyboard shortcuts. Now we are testing it and make necessary fixes and improvements
- Drag&Drop improvements
- More activities logs in the app - you will be able to see activities of your whole team as well as for each person individually
- Printing mechanism - due to problems on Windows platform we had to re-engineer the whole feature and we hope to finish it within the next week
- Adding new comment improvements - you won't lose your unsaved comments anymore :)
- Performance improvements for iPad
- Much more small bugfixes and upgrades
As usually we say a big thank you to betatesters who invest their time to help us build a super-effective productivity tool.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
As we still struggle with some last issues on Windows and Android platforms, we want to show you our probably last Beta 8 of Nozbe 2.0 for Android, Windows and Linux. We have also updated our apps for iOS and OS X - you will receive it via autoupdate today!
What's new in Beta 8
There is no killer feature in Beta 8 of Nozbe 2.0. However, it consists a lot of important bug-fixes and some visual improvements. For example the bug when task comes back to Inbox after changing its project should be gone now :)
What’s new in 2.0.5 for iOS
- Show project list with a gesture - During beta we were still experimenting with interface on iPad in portrait mode, and we finally cracked it. Swipe from left edge between left menu and task list gesture was missing. Now you can smoothly switch between project list and task list on iPad in portrait mode!
Attention lucky iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users - an update for your bigger screens is already waiting for review in the App Store. It also has some more cool features:
- Background sync - Now Nozbe on iOS syncs in background so when you open the App you don’t have to wait every time for your task list to be updated.
- Add to Inbox shortcut in Today widget - You can now open your Inbox with autofocus on adding new task from your Today view on iOS8
Download Beta 8
Here you can find all the details, download Nozbe 2.0 Beta 8 for Windows, OS X and Linux and sign up for Android version.
As usual, we really count on your thorough feedback! We are very grateful for every e-mail, comment or tweet about Nozbe 2.0. It helps us make new Nozbe better. We would like to thank our betatesters for all you have done for us so far! You are great!
What needs to be done before the final release
Our engineers are now going to put finishing touches to Nozbe 2.0. They are fighting with issues like printing on Windows and You Tube video previews. We are also testing some new cool keyboard shortcuts! We'll be also adding the iOS8 goodness like widgets and more to the Yosemite version of our Mac app, so stay tuned about that :-)
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Nozbe is used by a lot of people. They come from all professions, from teachers, house-wifes through lawyers and entrepreneurs. Last week we presented some solutions that might work really well for doctors. This article is intended for the real estate agents.
I hope to, not pose, but provide you with ideas of how you can use Nozbe to serve you well in such extensive and demanding environment. Before Micheal invited me to work with him on Nozbe, I also worked in this field.
I know it requires high level of organization and, though rewarding, can be extremely stressful and even repetitive.
Basic areas of concern
Real estate activities can be roughly divided into two areas: purchase and sale. Both of which are done by you, the agent, on request (at times behalf) of a client. Difference between one and the other, apart from obvious question of where the funds come from, are little.
Thus I would suggest extensive use of labels and templates. Whether you are selling house of Mr.G or looking to purchase a warehouse for Mrs.B. you still need to check the documentation of the properties, you still need your client to provide you with detailed information on what they are selling or looking for.
You could ask now "so what do you suggest I do?" Well, here it comes.
I would start with deciding on either calling my project by name of a client (but that is only beneficial if you will be working on it alone) or using labels. If for any reason you wish the client to have access to the project, or have some other parties involved.... I would then go for labeling instead.
So, I would get projects A, B, C with label Mr. Smith (if that is my client). In project A I would create a list of things that I need the client to supply me with and share it with him. For instance:
- Requirements as to the property (in case of purchase) or copies of documents such as expert from land and mortgage register (in case of sale).
- Documentation on mortgage and description of current state along with photos (or description of expected state) and so on.
Project B on the other hand would be my private e.g. for collecting offers regarding given client, later to be passed to project A for instance.
Project C - great place to co-work with someone who does not need to be involved directly with Mr. Smith, but whose involvement I need to get all the documents verified.
Each of those projects can also be saved as a template for later use with another client. Also extensive application of check-lists might be of aid, if you would rather have fewer projects.
This is just a proposal. Something to give you a hint and to get your mind working on. There are many possibilities, perhaps one of you will be kind to share his interpretation for benefit of others.
Please do not shy away from posting your ideas under this post. What works for me... does not have to mean automatic success for you.
Written by Delfina (Nozbe Support - CHO - Chief Happiness Officer)
Friday, September 19, 2014
Nozbe 2.0 on iOS8 with amazing features (bonus: release candidates on the Mac, Windows, Linux and Android)
Yes! Yes! Yes! Nozbe 2.0 is already availalbe on the Apple AppStore with some amazing features - just have a look:
The above video also shows some of the most exciting Nozbe 2.0 features on all the platforms:
- similar navigation on mobile phones and tablets
- great enhancements to comments and tasks
- multi-edit mode
- and powerful gestures
Even if you're not on the iOS platform, make sure to watch this video.
Now you can get things done even if you're device is locked:
You'll be able to get things done on the move, easily!
iOS8 Share Extension
Add a task to Nozbe from any iOS app with the "share" button:
We're supporting lots of objects that you can add like this to Nozbe - you can even use "#" to add parameters to a task (#project_name #time_needed) - it's really powerful.
Nozbe Release Candidate for the Mac, Windows, Linux and Android.
What's new in Beta 7 (Release Candidate)
- Links to projects on the Priority list [Desktop] - Go to specific task’s project directly from Priority list
- Autofocus on desktop when needed - Do you have many projects and struggle with moving tasks between them? Now with autofocus it's much easier. Just click on a project parameter in task details and start typing to filter desired project. There are more places in the app with autofocus :)
- New filters - Filter your priority list by labels, etc.
- Editing labels - You can now edit labels names and remove them
- New categories icons - We added some new icons. You can combine them with categories colors :)
- Quite a fiew bug fixes and improvements!
Download your apps and let us know:
Here you can find all the details, download Nozbe 2.0 Beta 7 for Windows, OS X and Linux and sign up for Android version.
What needs to be done before the final release
Our engineers are now going to put finishing touches to Nozbe 2.0 - they will focus on fixing the rest of bugs, especially those in the Windows and Android apps. We also want to develop new keyboard shortcuts. Do not hesitate to send us you feedback and comments :)
... and rate our app on the AppStore, please :-)
Thursday, September 18, 2014
With increasing number of users, the structure of their inquiries changes and evolves. Recently, I noticed a new group of beginning users. They come from three main groups: education, medicine and law.
The most frequent of their questions is "HOW" - how do I apply Nozbe in my daily routine?
Thus an idea to write a short series of blogs with hints, ideas that are to provide a base for your own inventions.
I would like to present how Nozbe can be used in medical practice to start off with. I am waiting for your constructive feedback and hope that it will encourage you to share your own methods with others.
Specifics of medical work
There is a doctor and he has his patients. Seems simple. Yet, for each patient coming with a problem there is a series of actions/things to get a diagnosis and medication ready. Each diagnosis might require bunch of analysis done... And there might be more than one needed as a person may have more than one problem.
How to deal with that?
Option 1. Let patient name be your label and all matters you need done for him - your projects (since most will be more than 1 step/action). This will allow you to keep track of it all. Once you have all the data, filtering will make it easy to look through materials and get the diagnosis and drugs list ready. If you have the same things that need to be done for variety of patience... Use context for them.
Option 2. If option 1. is not clear enough, perhaps the second one will be more idea-breeding. It is likely that you need certain things done for several people. For instance the same analyses. You can group them into projects and use contexts to tag things that need to be done for given patient across different projects. Then, filtering by context, you can see the results and pull out a conclusion to be added in the main project "diagnose for Mr.A."
Of course, choice of option and ideas you may draft based on this will vary. It all depends on your work style and requirements. I would not recommend option 2. if I were a person working on a team, with others looking at this (privacy of patient data might be in question here), but if you are alone standing physician it may just be the perfect solution for you.
Wrapping things up
I hope this gives you all some ideas and will aid you in becoming even more productive. Do stay creative about your use of Nozbe and please feel welcome to share it in the comments under this post.
Hope to hear your feedback and I trust that the 2nd post will also come in handy... This time for real estate agents.
Author: Delfina (Nozbe Support - CHO - Chief Happiness Officer)