We’ve discussed how Nozbe integrates with Email here, here and here and while all these posts are still valid, we decided to bring more value to Nozbe+Email marriage as we launched the new way Nozbe is understanding human language
Nozbe plays really well with Email now!
OK, so let’s review some of the ways Nozbe plays well with email:
- You can send Email to your first project (Inbox) or to any project you like*
- You can send ACTIONS to Nozbe via Email
- You can send NOTES to Nozbe via Email
- New! You can send ACTIONS + NOTES to Nozbe in one Email message
- New! You can Forward, CC or BCC Nozbe, too!
Now let’s review all these ways of sending Email to Nozbe in detail:
1. You can send Email to your first project (Inbox) or to any project you like
That’s correct. All you have to do is setup your “Nickname” and “PIN” in Nozbe:
And later all you have to do is email Nozbe at:
It’s important to bear in mind, that you have to use the nozbe.us domain not any other nozbe domain name and also that you change space into an underscore “_” in the project name.
email@example.com – to email my first project
firstname.lastname@example.org – to email my “Office Purchases” project.
2. You can send ACTIONS to Nozbe via Email
Just write the actions in your email and they will be parsed accordingly. You can use Nozbe’s amazing and easy-to-learn language
It’s important that there is an asterisk and a space before each task:
3. You can send NOTES to Nozbe via Email
Any email with a text and no actions will be treated as a note and added to the project you specify in the email address:
4. You can send ACTIONS + NOTES to Nozbe in one Email message
This is a new thing and it’s really cool!
Imagine you receive an email and want to add some of its contents as a note to your project and in the same time you want to add a series of actions, you can do it like this:
Important: Everything ABOVE the tasks you specify will be added as a note and everything BELOW the tasks will be ignored. We designed it like this so that you don’t have to worry about Signatures or the whole history of conversation being added as a note. Only the part YOU want will be converted to a note.
5. You can Forward, CC or BCC Nozbe, too!
You have asked and we have listened!
Just put nozbe’s email in CC or BCC and the correspondence will be added to your Nozbe!
Hope you like how Nozbe plays with your Email and hope these new enhancements will make you even more productive!