Today is a big day for Nozbe as we are finally launching our desktop application for Mac and Windows.
Thanks to Nozbe for Desktop, both Mac and Windows users will be able to install Nozbe on their computers and get things done a lot faster even when they are not connected to the Internet.
Video 3 – Sharing and file uploads
Today we’re posting the third video showing you how Nozbe Desktop works when working together with teams:
If you have missed it, we have also posted two other videos:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the new features in the version 1.0 as opposed to the last beta?
- auto-sync – the sync is almost instantaneous and automatic, you don’t have to think about clicking on the Sync button again. You can, your desktop app will be in sync most of the time
- auto-complete – when you add a task, just write # and you’ll see an auto-complete box helping you choose project, context, time needed for it and much more. Write ## (two hashes) and you’ll be able to append a comment in-line when adding the task. It’s really sweet and speeds things up!
- editing/removing comments and better comment handling – now commenting on tasks just got a lot easier than ever.
- file upload – just open a project, drop a file to the Nozbe app and it will be automatically uploaded to the project you chose. So easy with drag and drop!
This is version 1.0, we’ve got many great improvements in the pipeline for the version 1.1 and beyond!
2. Why a native app? Is your web app not enough?
Our web-app is great, but there are couple of reasons why we wanted to go native:
a) It’s a totally redesigned user interface for Nozbe – it’s still your favorite Nozbe, but with improved interface, flows and ideas – after 5 years of running Nozbe we’ve got some cool ideas how to improve your productivity even more with a significantly improved interface.
We wanted to try this on our desktop app first because we still want you to feel “at home” with Nozbe web app – until you’ll hopefully fall in love with the new design and feel even more productive.
b) The native app is just faster, it works offline (without internet connection!), and thanks to the fact that you have your local app, you have a copy of your most important stuff on your computer. It’s just a better Nozbe experience.
3. How much will the app cost?
It will be free forever. We won’t charge our users for it at all – where we make money is the Nozbe subscription that syncs your data between your web app, iPhone, iPad and Android apps…
Try Nozbe Desktop app today!
One last thing – due to lengthy and complicated process of submitting the app to the Mac App Store – and lack of clear guidelines from Apple why our app doesn’t go through their approval process, Nozbe Desktop is not yet available on the Mac App Store. We’re working on this, but it may take some time to get there.