Get Everything Done with Nozbe
Learn how to get things done with Nozbe quickly
Watch this quick 15-minute tutorial and learn how you can get organized with Nozbe easily. This is the fastest way to learn great productivity habits with Nozbe.
1. Nozbe in Your Web Browser
app.nozbe.com - point your web browser to this address and start getting things done right away.
Works on all modern browsers (Internet Explorer 10 and above, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari). Also works on a mobile browser in your smartphone.
Users of older web browsers (such as Internet Explorer 7-9) can still access Nozbe Classic.
2. Nozbe Mobile and Tablet Apps
While you can still use a web browser, Nozbe native apps are designed to help you get everything done on your smartphone or tablet:
Apple iOS app - get it free for your iPhone or iPad from the App Store
Android app - get it free for your phone or tablet from Google Play (Android 4.4 or higher is recommended).
3. Nozbe Desktop Apps
Instead of using Nozbe in a web browser, download our dedicated app for your computer for optimal productivity:
Windows app - download free and get things done on Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and beyond.
To install Nozbe on Linux just follow these steps:
- Extract file into desired location (i.e. /home/user/)
- Open install.sh file with double click (if it is not possible, start terminal and go into folder that contains install.sh [cd path/to/Nozbe] and enter command “./install.sh”)
- Nozbe file (Nozbe.desktop) is shortcut to your Nozbe on Linux! You can copy it wherever you want.
Need Additional Nozbe Apps?
While we're already supporting all the major desktop and mobile platforms, we'll be adding more (like Windows Phone) in the future. Stay tuned and contact us if you need more information.
- Related free course: Step 4: Mobility of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
True 24/7 Email Support
Just send us an email and we'll get back to you within a few hours at the latest. We work in different time zones to make sure we can reply to you right away.
The best reply times are between:
- 7 AM - 10 PM Central European Time
- 1 AM - 4PM Eastern Time US
We guarantee response time by the next day. Usually, within just a few minutes.
Meet Our Customer Support Team:
When you do email us, one of our "Customer Happiness Officers" will reply to you:
- Delfina - speaks: English, Polish, Spanish and German - she's the head of our Customer Happiness Department
- Zosia - speaks: English, Polish, Japanese and French
- Iwona - speaks: English, Polish and German
- Martyna - speaks: English, Polish, Japanese and Korean
Meet the Rest of Our Nozbe Team:
We have a strong engineering team led by Tomasz (CTO) with Rafał (VP Product), Krzysztof (VP Software), Staszek, Radziu, Marcin and our designer (VP Gold): Radek.
We're also working regularly with great editors and translators: James, Emily and Lori (English), Keisuke (Japanese), Kasia and Ela (Polish), Martina (German), Maria and Luis (Spanish), Callista (Dutch), Marina (Russian), Mr. Wang (Chinese), Kang (Korean) and more coming soon!
Waldek (CFO) takes care of our finances and Magda (COO) coordinates everything in Nozbe.
Michael Sliwinski is responsible for the vision and marketing of our productivity apps as the CEO and founder.
Nozbe Is a Product of Nozbe Michal Sliwinski
Nozbe® is a product and a registered trademark of Michael Sliwinski and his company (Nozbe Michal Sliwinski) in the European Union and other countries and continents.
Apart from Nozbe, apivision.com is also running the Productive! Magazine
Official address and company details
Nozbe Michal Sliwinski
ul. Rozewska 18, 81-055 Gdynia, Poland (Europe)
EU-VAT ID: PL9580973303
Owner: Michał Śliwiński
Past Projects of apivision.com
If you're really interested, before launching Nozbe, Michael (as apivision.com - founded in 2003) was involved with these projects: BuySculpture.com (operated by Urregui S.L.), MiguelGuia.com (operated by the artist), SpanienInfo (operated by Javier Jurado), HitRSS (discontinued), Wyslij.info (shut down in 2008).
All Connections to Nozbe Are Secure
When you log in to Nozbe web interface or our free mobile apps or desktop programs, all connections established are secure and encrypted using SSL, banking-level security.
Status of Our Infrastructure
Visit status.nozbe.com for the latest updates regarding the status of our servers and services.
Our Secure Infrastructure Is Located in the European Union
Nozbe is a European company. For customer safety and privacy reasons, our main servers are located in Germany in the European Union - outside of the US jurisdiction (NSA-safe).
Just like in the banking industry, our servers are PCI-DSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), and are being regularly audited (every 3 months). This basically means we're running just the services we need on our servers and they're all patched to the latest security updates.
Our data center is monitored 24/7, with restricted access and strong security surveillance. Only two people in our company have access to the full Nozbe database.
Live Backups to Three Remote Locations
To make sure your data is safely backed up at all times, we have set up three "satellite" infrastructures on three different continents (Europe, Asia and Australia) where our databases are replicated live using highly-encrypted connections.
Apart from that, our main database is configured in such a way to be able to restore any data from any moment at our customers' request.
Thanks to our advanced setup no customer data loss is possible. We're here to keep your tasks and projects safe at and accessible to you (and only you) at all times.
Technical Information and Web Addresses
If you need more details about how Nozbe works, along with some addresses, here it is:
- http://nozbe.com is our marketing web site
- https://app.nozbe.com is our web interface
- https://webapp.nozbe.com is our legacy "classic" web interface
- https://thumbs.nozbe.com your avatars and images are located there
- https://webapp.nozbe.com/upload/ is a server that loads your files stored in Nozbe
- https://webapp.nozbe.com/sync3 is our sync server that connects to Nozbe apps
- https://push.nozbe.com:3004 is our push-server that pushes notifications to Nozbe apps
- https://3rdparty.nozbe.com:8080 is our server that loads content from 3rd party apps (Evernote, Dropbox, Box) integrated with Nozbe
- https://d37gvrvc0wt4s1.cloudfront.net gathers errors from Nozbe apps (these help us fix programming bugs)
- Google Calendar, Dropbox, Box, Evernote... - when you use these apps connected to Nozbe, you're also securely using their servers.
Earn Passive Income! 20% Lifetime Commissions!
Nozbe's success is based mainly on the word of mouth - help us promote our productivity solution and we'll reward you handsomely. You'll get 20% from every customer you refer to Nozbe. As long as they stay with us. Every month or year they pay for their Nozbe PRO plan, you'll get your 20%.
"I truly believe in Nozbe: Just so you know... I decided to become a Nozbe affiliate because I truly believe in it and recommended from my heart." - Tatiana Maya
Coupon Code or Your Link
In Nozbe's settings you can set up a special referral code and URL to share with your friends, colleagues and social media followers. When they use your link or code to sign up for Nozbe, we'll know they came from you.
If your referral code is MICHAEL, just tell people to visit this link: http://nozbe.com/a-MICHAEL
Get Paid Quickly - After You've Earned $100!
The payment threshold is the equivalent of 100 USD. If your commissions don't reach it this month, we'll move them to the next one. So don't worry, you will be paid finally. Just keep promoting Nozbe and we'll keep on accumulating your commissions. Thanks!
Currently we're only sending money through PayPal, so make sure to set up a free PayPal account to be able to receive our payments.
Detailed Statistics in Your Nozbe Account
In your Nozbe "Settings" section you'll be able to see your detailed referral statistics: how many people signed up for Nozbe trial, how many paid for Nozbe, how many commissions you earned, when you'll be paid... everything.
Nozbe Is Free for Education!
Teachers and school leaders, we appreciate you! Your job matters! We know that you have invested in your careers and in your students but you won't have to invest in Nozbe. It's on us. Thank you for all that you do!
Use Nozbe in classrooms, teach yourself and your students productivity by getting stuff done together on any device you and your students own.
Teach the New Generation Great Productivity Habits with Nozbe
In Nozbe, we believe everyone needs to get organized and learn good productivity habits. That's why we built Nozbe in the first place and that's why we keep improving it and bringing it to all of the most popular platforms people use (Web, Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iPad and iPhone).
Teachers are teaching the next generation. They are helping the young ones grow up to become responsible adults. For the new generation to succeed we need them to be prepared for the real world by being well organized and having mastered the productivity principles.
Thanks to a free Nozbe account and free productivity training teachers, principals and other members of school staff can help the new generation succeed.
Starting November 1, 2014 - Nozbe is free for teachers if they want to use Nozbe with their students to get projects done together.
How Does It Work?
If you're a current paying or a free Nozbe user (if not sign up today for free) just tell us what and where you teach in an email to email@example.com and if you qualify, we'll switch you to a free Nozbe "teacher" account.
Which Additional Free Resources Can Help You Teach Productivity in Classroom?
Our CEO and founder, Michael Sliwinski is passionate about productivity and we've got plenty of extra resources for you:
- 10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity Video Course by Michael
- Productive! Magazine - free monthly productivity magazine
- This page with Nozbe documentation, lots of video tutorials and helpful information
And if you have any additional questions, make sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would You Share Your Story with Us?
We're here for you - just drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll do everything we can to help you and support you in making the future generations more organized :-)
Additional Terms for This Program?
- One Nozbe multi-user account per teacher/school leader. You can add all of your students to your account and choose to share different projects with different students.
- A teacher should use their free Nozbe account mainly for classroom projects with students, but can also use it for personal projects, but shouldn't use for other for-profit projects. We trust your judgment and honesty. Thank you.
- If you are a teacher and you've been paying for Nozbe until now, thank you for your support! As this is a new program, we can't refund you the payments until the day it was launched. However you'll be enjoying a free Nozbe account from now on. Great, right?
- We may revoke a free Nozbe "teacher" account if we discover abuse. We also reserve the right to end this program if we decide we can't keep it up due to abuse or other reasons. If we do, we'll just stop offering new free accounts to new teachers. Teachers already in the program will keep their free accounts.
- Video of Nozbe interface
- Interface Overview
- Mobile app interface
- Navigation gestures
- How to use "small" version of Nozbe on a computer
- Related free course: Introduction to 10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity
Video of Nozbe Interface
Watch a short video showcasing Nozbe navigation and interface:
The main concept behind the interface is to provide the app content in 5 columns:
1. Icobar - it is always on the left side, it serves to switch views (inbox, projects, team, settings, etc.) in the app.
2. Sidebar - it shows up as an extension to icobar and serves to select which task list user wants to see. For example tasks:
- from project X
- tasks marked with category X
- tasks due within calendar week X
- tasks assigned to user X
3. Task view - it is the most important view, where users spent most of the time. With its clear design it serves to concentrate on doable staff to help get more done.
4. Task details - here you can manage all parameters and comment task. It has been designed to roll out from the right edge of Task view and to cover that view up. The concept behind it is to allow user to focus on a specific task and its contents. Here the user will find everything he or she needs to get the task done.
5. Infobar - it is spliced by tabs that serves to:
- edit parameters of a task list that is currently active in the 3rd column (Task view)
- view the activity log
- manage project attachments
Nozbe also has horizontal user interface elements:
- Toolbar - here you can manually execute sync and open the infobar column
- Status bar - you can switch to edit mode and add elements to an active list here
Interface in Nozbe Mobile Apps
The "5 columns" concept is the same on mobile. The main difference here is that you always stay focused on a single column. You navigate between the views with taps and gestures. Here you can see how each view (column) is displayed in our mobile app:
- Task view:
- Task details:
Navigation Gestures in Nozbe Mobile Apps
As mentioned before, you can use gestures to navigate between the columns on mobile:
- Swipe from the left edge to show the icobar.
- Swipe from the right edge to show infobar.
Use "Small" Mobile Interface on Your Desktop
As a bonus, you can use the mobile interface in your desktop. Just resize the app window to a mobile size (max 767 pixels width) and use it as a widget:
Your Inbox in Nozbe
- Video Introduction to Inbox in Nozbe
- Introduction to Inbox and Adding Tasks to Nozbe
- Overview of Task Parameters
- Magic Arrow - Add Tasks to the Top or Bottom of Your List
- Converting a Task to a Project
- Related free course: Step 1: Inbox of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Video introduction to Inbox in Nozbe
Watch this short video introducing the concept of Inbox for your tasks:
Introduction to Inbox and Adding Tasks to Nozbe
The place to capture all the things that have to be done. All thoughts, ideas, tasks (professional or private) and all the little or big things you have to manage.
You will find your Inbox on the left side of the Nozbe window.
Just click on it and you will move to the Inbox view.
To add your first Inbox task just click on the plus button in the bottom right corner of your Nozbe app:
Now put here all the tasks you are thinking about. All to-do's, tasks, ideas, everything that comes to your mind. This way you can fully focus on your next goal.
Every task can have several parameters:
- It can belong to Inbox, or any other project
- Can be assigned to one or more categories
- You can specify time needed for the task's completion
- Can have a due date
- Can repeat every certain amount of time (day, week, month...)
Up or Down? Add Tasks to the Bottom or Top of Your Task List
By default, you're adding tasks to the top of your list. You can also choose to add them to the bottom of the list by clicking on a "magic arrow".
When it points up, tasks go to the top:
When the arrow points down, tasks go to the bottom of the list:
Nozbe Advice: Clean Your Inbox Every Week (Inbox-Zero)
You can process your Inbox to zero by going through each and every item you have there and deciding what to do with it next: whether to move it to a different project, get it done quickly, delegate or convert to a project.
Remember: your Inbox is not a place to store your tasks. You have to make sure to process this view at least once a week and clean it up.
Converting a Task to a Project with One Click
If a task seems too big, you can convert it to a project:
- You need to pick the task by selecting it
- Once it is displayed, choose the button with its current project in the details section at the top
- Scroll down to the bottom of the projects dropdown list and use the "Convert to project" button
Please note that all the comments and materials attached to your task will automatically be converted into attachments of a newly created project and you will be able to view them by choosing the paper clip icon in the icobar on the right hand side of your project view.
Projects in Nozbe
- Projects in Action (video)
- What Is a Project and How to Create It
- Project List in the Sidebar
- Edit Several Projects at Once
- Project's Infobar (Properties)
- Project's Settings in the Infobar
- Advanced: Grouping Projects with Labels
- Related Free Course: Step 2: Projects of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Short Video Overview of Projects in Nozbe
What Is a Project?
A project is anything that requires more than one step to complete. Therefore every complex action is a project - your goals become projects.
Create a Project
To create a project click the Projects tab on the icon bar on the left. This will show you the current project list:
In order to add a new project click on the big plus icon on the bottom bar.
Type the project name and save it:
Below, you will find definitions of all the icons located in the project section's Sidebar (where your project list is):
- Allows you to find a project in the current list
- Shows and allows you to filter project list by existing labels
- Please note two types of icons next to the project's name. They indicate the number of active actions in given project and whether it's a private or shared project. A "folder" icon tells you that the project is private and visible only to you.
- The people icon indicates that there are other users invited to the project
- Allows you to view and reactivate completed and archived projects
- Opens an additional bar where projects can be edited (see the "Edit View" below)
- The button used to add a new project
Here is a description of the icons in the Edit view used for editing your projects. Please note that in this view you can edit several projects at the same time.
- Click on this icon to select all tasks at once
- Allows you to sort the project list alphabetically
- Click on the "Done" icon to quit this view
- Lets you select the projects to be edited
- Click on the project name to edit it
6. Click here to reorder the project list by drag and drop
7. Clicking on the Trash icon to delete selected projects
8. Click here to mark selected projects as completed
9. By clicking here you can open an additional window, where the project details can be changed. See below:
In this view, you can change, edit or add the following items:
- People you're sharing selected projects with
- Colors you mark your projects with
Please do not forget that in this view you'll edit all of the selected projects at the same time.
Infobar of a Project
Here, you can manage all the information and details of the project you've selected.
At the top of the Infobar you will find several icons:
Settings - the main Infobar menu
Activity - shows all activities in this project (who did what and when)
Paper clip - attachments section (includes Evernote, Dropbox and Box files/archives you have added to Nozbe)
Edit - edit the project name here
Description - add your project description here
Settings in the Infobar
Filter - filter tasks within the project. The filter options depend on the parameters used
Sort - tasks can be sorted by name, time needed or due date
Print Options - click on this icon to see the printing options in this view
Share project - invite people to share the project with you or leave the project someone invited you to
Change project color - click on this icon to set or change the project color
Change labels - add new, change or remove a project label here
Create new template - save this project as a template
Complete project - mark the project as completed here
Owner - see who created the project
Delete - delete the project in this view
- Introduction to Priority List (video)
- Definition of Priority List in Nozbe
- When Some Tasks Become Your Priorities Automatically
- Trick: Adding Priority with a "#" Shortcut
- Related Free Course: Step 3: Next Actions of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Short Video Overview of the Priority List in Nozbe
What's Your Priority (Next Actions) List?
Priority list is where you turn to actually start getting things done. This place is for collecting all your priority actions that need to be done next or as soon as possible. You can choose which actions to put here - just click the star on a task to make it your priority. Some tasks will be added to this list automatically (more on that later).
Priority list is the default view for Nozbe to start on, but if need be you can go to it by clicking the star icon
This is the project that this Priority belongs to
Click this star to add/remove a task from your Priorities
According to GTD, Priorities (Next Actions) should be the next physical actions that will move your project forward. You can have multiple Priorities in a project, but be careful not to add too many. They can can be filtered, for example by a category, to find the best tasks to do at a given time.
Tasks That Become Your Priority Automatically
- Starred task - a task added to the Priority view with a star
- Due or overdue task - a task with a due date set will become your Priority at the moment it is due and when it’s overdue - provided that the person responsible is you (or "anyone").
- Task delegated to you - a task delegated to you by another Nozbe user in a project you're both sharing will become your Priority instantly. This is the only way other users can "have influence" over your priority list - by delegating tasks to you. You can later decide to get the delegated task done or remove it from the priority list by removing the star associated to it.
Adding a Task to Priority List with a "#" Shortcut
When you input a task through the app or email, type #priority or #! after the task name to automatically add it to your Priority list.
Watch this short video to see gestures in action:
- Swipe right on a task to complete it
- Swipe left on a task to edit its parameter
- Swipe right on a task details to hide them
- Swipe right on grayed task list to hide the infobar
- Swipe left/right on the infobar to change active tab
- Pull down when in the tasks view to add a new task (and pull even more to initiate a sync!)
- Pull down on a sidebar (when more than 10 elements on a sidebar list) to show a toolbar
Managing Projects and Tasks
Categories in Nozbe
- Video Introduction to Categories
- What Are Categories?
- Categories List
- Creating a Category
- Adding or Removing a Category to/from a Task
- Infobar of a Category
- Managing Categories (edit mode)
- Related Free Course: Step 6: Contexts of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Video Introduction to Categories
What are Categories (Formerly "Contexts")?
Per description provided in David Allen’s “Getting Things Done”, categories (aka contexts) are used to categorize your tasks/actions by places, tools or people required for the task completion. One of the best examples is a “phone” which can be a tool needed to complete tasks across many projects. Basic goal for them is to allow you to group actions and do them in bundles unrelated to project, but related to a certain person or a place or a tool used.
Categories are right below your project list in Nozbe menu and they work in a similar way to projects.
- Categories icon after folding the sidebar
- Filtering by name
- Edit mode (described below)
- "+" button for adding new category
Creating a Category
There are two ways to create a category.
1. Use the "+" button on the category list
The simplest way is to create one directly in the category list:
In the categories view (1), simply click the "+" icon (2). This will show a text input at the top of the list (3).
Simply type the name of a category and click "Save". Please note that per default “meeting” icon is added, to change it you will need to edit this category.
2. Create a category in the task parameters view
Second way to create a new category is available when changing categories in an existing task
- Pick a task from your current view
- Click on the "Category" button in the details section
- Click "New" in the menu
This shows an input at the top of the list. Here, we write a name: "experimental category"
This needs to be confirmed by the "Enter" key and will show you the following result:
Now, clicking "Confirm" will add this new category to your task.
Adding or Removing a Category to/from a Task
You can add a category by simply using the hash-tag formatting while creating a task. System will automatically show you suggestions when you enter a # and a few first letters.
Please note this will only work for already existing categories and once you save the task it will bear given category.
Second way to add a category is by choosing one from the details of a task.
This will require you to pick one or more categories and confirm:
At that point, all selected categories will be added to your task.
If you wish to remove a category from the task simply go again to the details of the task, click on the button now stating given category name, unmark it in the list and confirm.
Infobar of a Category
When you choose a category from your categories list, you can see all of the tasks across all the projects with this category.
You can also edit the category information and access additional options of this view by accessing the "infobar":
- Choose a category you wish to work on
- Click/tap the "i" icon
- Access the options available for selected category
- View all of the activities under this category
Managing Categories (edit mode)
You can manage multiple categories at once in the "Edit" mode:
- Allows you to sort categories alphabetically, once it is on/active the icon becomes highlighted
- Circle icon near the name of the category allows you to select more than one category for editing; if you pick the circle at the top near no.1 you will select all
- Triple line, grab a category by it to drag and drop it
- Delete selected categories
- Change/edit your category's icon or color
- "Done" button used to save all changes
Note: In the "Edit" mode you can also edit each category name in-line. Just click or tap on the name of the category and change its name.
Changing icons or colors of categories
Here's how to change multiple categories' parameters:
- Choose a category
- Click/tap "Change"
- Allows you to choose an icon
- Lets you choose a color
Note: By default all categories are given no color and the 1st icon from menu (“meeting”).
Video Introduction to Nozbe Calendar
To see the Calendar view, just click "Calendar" in the icon column on the left, and the current month view will open.
The current day is marked on the calendar with a dark gray background.
Select any week to display its task in the main pane.
To navigate to different dates you can:
Scroll the calendar and click your desired week
Use the drop down menu to select a month
Scroll week by week using arrows in the busy stack
Click "This week" to go back from any date
Above the task list for your chosen week you will find the busy stack. The lines under each day indicate how many tasks there are scheduled for each day. No bar means no tasks, while 3 bars mean a busy, busy day.
When you click on a week, you will see all the tasks for that week. The task list for this week will start with all overdue tasks, after which this week's tasks will follow.
When you choose a task, its details pane will open on the right with all the parameters (project, categories, delegation - if you are in a team).
Info Panel in the Calendar View
When you open the info panel of the calendar, you can:
- Set up Google Calendar sync
- Filter tasks in the calendar view
- Print your current calendar view
- Setting up RepeatingTasks
- Repeating Tasks in Nozbe Calendar
- Differences Between how Nozbe and Google Treat Repeating Tasks
Setting up Repeating Tasks
You can set up tasks to repeat every once in a while to remind you about your things on a regular basis.
Before you set up a "repeat" parameter on a task, make sure to set the due date first, otherwise Nozbe will default it to today.
One of the fastest ways to add a repeat to an action is to use the # parameter (especially, that you can set a due date this way too) for instance:
As you can see, typing "#every" brings up a list of accepted intervals. Please note that this also works in emailing.
You can also set the repeat parameter in the task details panel:
All currently available options are (to see all scroll down in the recurring menu):
- every day
- every week
- every month
- every year
- every weekday
- every 2 days
- every 2 weeks
- every 3 weeks
- every 4 weeks
- every 2 months
- every 3 months
- every half a year
- every 2 years
Repeating Tasks in Nozbe Calendar
Nozbe actually creates just one physical event/task. Once it is completed and archived (at midnight of the day of completing) Nozbe will generate a new task based on the recurrence pattern.
If you take a look at Nozbe Calendar you will see a see-through copies of that task within it.
These are the so-called "ghost tasks". They have been added to the calendar ONLY for planning purposes. They are inactive and you can't act on them e.g. by changing their due date or checking them off. Their sole reason for existence is to let you know that on a given day you have something planned.
Differences Between how Nozbe and Google Treat Repeating Tasks
This leads us to Google Calendar integration - where Nozbe and Google treat repeating tasks differently.
How Nozbe syncs repeating tasks with Google Calendar
If you set a recurrence (repeat) parameter for a task in Nozbe, it's still just one task and it shows up in Google Calendar as one task for that day. As noted above, once it's done, the new instance will re-create itself in Nozbe and will be synchronized to your Google Calendar the next day.
- Video Introduction to Project Labels
- What Are Project Labels?
- Assigning a Label to a Project
- Grouping Projects with Labels
- Managing Labels
- Assigning Labels to Several Projects at a Time
Video Introduction to Project Labels
What Are Project Labels?
Labels are used in Nozbe to help you organize projects. Projects can be grouped and filtered by Labels and can be tagged by more than one Label.
Use Labels to tie similar Nozbe projects together and arrange them in groups. Labels allow you not only to separate your private projects from business ones but also to tag the projects with e.g. customer names or the names of your family members.
Assigning a label to a project
On the project list(1), select a project(2), go to its infobar (3 - click the "i" icon) to see its properties and go to "change label"(4).
If you don't have any labels set up, use the "New" button to create your first label:
Once you've added a new label, select it and use the "Confirm" button to add it to the project.
Grouping Projects with Labels
Once you have at least one label set up, you can group projects by labels in the project list. Just use the "change label" button in details of each project and choose a label. Then you can use the label to filter your project list to show you only those labeled by it.
To manage, edit or remove labels, just go to a project's infobar (steps 1-4) and you'll see three dots "..." (5) next to your labels.
When you click/tap on the dots next to your desired label, you'll be able to edit or delete a label.
Assigning Labels to Several Projects at a Time
You can use the project multi-edit mode to assign one label to several projects at once.
Once in the edit mode please follow these steps:
- Select projects of interest
- Choose "Change"
- Click on a current label button and choose the one you wish to attach
- Confirm with the "Done" button at the top.
Removing a Label from a Project
To remove a label you already have attached to a project (let's say you wish to change it to some other or simply not have it on given project), please go back to project's infobar, choose "Change label" button and:
click on it (1) - the backgound will go from colored to white- and confirm (2).
- Video Introduction to Attachments
- How to Attach a Note or File to Your Project?
- Previewing Attachments
- 3rd Party Attachments: Evernote, Dropbox and Box
- Related Free Course: Step 7: Reference Material of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Video Introduction to Attachments
How to Attach a Note or File to Your Project?
To view or add an attachment to your project go here:
- Choose a project
- Click the "i" icon
- Choose the paper clip icon to view current attachments and add new ones
To add a new attachment use the "+" button:
This will lead you to this dialog window:
- Choose a form: Note, Attachment, Evernote, Dropbox or Box
- In case you choose "note format" you will have to add a name of the note...
- ...followed by the content
- Thanks to this option you will be able to preview your note (analogically to the description provided in preview of a comment)
- "Cancel" which will cancel the whole process
- "Save" that allows you to save the material you wish to add
Ad. 1. Please note that details on adding Evernotes and Dropbox and Box files are provided in separate sections of this page
To view your attachments simply go to the attachment view as described above and click on the material you wish to see:
It will display like this:
- Hides the displayed preview
- Displays given document in web browser
- Allows you to convert given material to an action/task and add it automatically into a comment there
- Option: delete (trash can); move to another project (2 opposing arrows); favorite (heart)
A preview is available for almost all types of graphic files and most information from Evernote. Dropbox and Box files come in downloadable format only.
- Video Introduction to Project Templates
- What Are Project Templates?
- How to Create a Template?
- How to Create a Project from a Template?
Video Introduction to Project Templates
What Are Project Templates?
Project templates are a great tool to manage assignments that require completing always the same set of tasks, for example introducing a new member into your company or preparing a monthly report for your customer.
In addition to the list of tasks, a template will also record all participating users along with their responsibilities, categories, time needed, recurrence, all comments and project notes.
To view all your templates, go to the templates tab:
How to Create or Update a Template?
To create a new template, open the source project (1-2), go to the infobar (3) and use the "Create template" button(4):
You will be asked to input the template name (1) and, once done, you will need to "Create" (2) it.
If you wish to amend/update existing template, you will need to recreate a project from the template, introduce the changes and save it by "Updating."
How to Create a Project out of a Template?
This is quite easy.
- Go to "Templates"
- Choose a template from your list
- Go to its infobar by clicking the "i" icon
- Click "Create project"
If there are any other users recorded in the template, invitations to the new project will be sent automatically to them, as soon as you create the project.
Comments in Nozbe
- Video Introduction to Comments
- Types of Comments in Nozbe
- Text Comments and Markdown Writing Style
- Editing or Deleting Comments
Video Introduction to Comments
Why Add Comments to Get a Task Done Faster
When working in a private project:
You can comment on any task. Even if you're working all by yourself, it's a great way to add additional information to a task. This way, when you get back to it any time later, you have all the necessary information to get it done.
When sharing projects with others:
Through comments you can center your team’s communication around tasks. This is how we work at Nozbe. We don't send emails to one another, we communicate through tasks.
Types of Comments in Nozbe
To add a new comment just click on the "Add comment" as you can see below:
You can comment on a task with a text, a checklist, a file attachment, Evernote note or with a Dropbox or Box file. Just use the "Text" button and the list of possible versions of comments will appear:
Third party attachments: Evernote, Box and Dropbox
When your account is not yet synced with Evernote, Dropbox or Box - you'll find these comment options under "More". Clicking one of the "Connect" buttons here will forward you to the Evernote, Dropbox or Box site to sync your account with your Nozbe account:
To read more about our integrations, visit their dedicated chapters on this page:
Just like adding an attachment to a project, you can add a comment to a task in Nozbe with a file, link or a picture - just choose the "Attachment" option. Click on the "Choose file" button to browse for a file, or simply drag and then drop it here.
Sometimes a task needs a few simple steps to make sure it gets properly done. For this it's really useful to add a checklist. Just choose the "Checklist" option:
Enter a checklist item and hit enter. Compose your list and click "Save" when you are finished.
Text Comments and Markdown Writing Style
Text comments can be formatted to feature boldface, italics, numbered lists, bullet points, etc. with Markdown. To preview the comment just click on "Preview this comment" at the bottom of the comment window.
Quick reference guide to Markdown
To add a quick bullet point, use an asterisk and a space, like this:
* one thing
* another thing
* third thing
Example of a Markdown formatted text
I am a *very* **professional** productivity guy. I use:
* Nozbe for tasks
* Evernote for notes
* Dropbox for files
And these three apps ***work beautifully*** together!
Here's how the saved comment in Markdown will look like:
I am a very professional productivity guy. I use:
- Nozbe for tasks
- Evernote for notes
- Dropbox for files
And these three apps work beautifully together!
To learn more about Markdown, read the official documentation
Editing or Deleting Comments
When you wish to edit or delete one of your comments just click on the three dots at the bottom of the comment window.
In this view you can edit or delete the comment.
Unread Comments Panel
When you share projects with people and they add a comment to any of your tasks, look out for a green bubble with number on it - it means that there are some unread comments in your projects.
All unread comments from all projects and tasks can be viewed in the Comments panel.
If you don't want to go through each of the comment in this view, you can mark all comments as read by just going to the "Info bar" in "Comments" view and choosing the "Mark all comments as read" option.
- Video Introduction to Shared Projects
- Why Share Projects in Nozbe?
- How to Share a Project with Someone?
- Removing People from a Project
- How to Invite People to More Than One Project at a Time?
- What Can the People You Invite to a Project Do?
- How Can I leave a Project Somebody Was Sharing with Me?
- Related Free Course: Step 5: Collaboration of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Video Introduction to Shared projects
Why Share Projects in Nozbe?
By default, every new Project in Nozbe is private and you're the only one having access to it.
You can invite other people to work on the projects with you. Very often getting tasks done together is more fun and most of all, more effective. In Nozbe, it's very easy. When you invite someone to share a project with you, you'll be able to delegate tasks and communicate in the comments of your tasks.
This is how we work in Nozbe. We share lots of projects and communicate through tasks and comments. We don't use email anymore.
How to Share a Project with Someone?
After you've created a project, go to project's Infobar and go to the "Project Sharing" section:
Then "Add Person":
Now, type the email address of the person you wish to invite in the dedicated field:
and hit "Enter" to confirm.
To invite an additional person just use the "Invite more people" button:
You'll see the list of people you're already sharing other projects with. After you click on the "Add person" button, follow the steps described above.
You can also choose one or more people from the list. When you select a name it will change to green and the "Add person" button will change to "Confirm" button.
To invite all selected people choose "Confirm."
This is what you'll see:
Now, at the top of this icon, you can see how many people you are sharing this project with.
Manage people who you share the project with by clicking on the icon:
How to Invite People to More Than One Project at a Time?
In the list of your projects, go to edit mode with the "Edit" button and then choose the projects you want to invite people to and then "Change" —> "People"
And confirm your choice. These people will be invited to all of the projects you selected.
Removing People from a Project
In case you wish to remove a person from a shared project click on the "Edit" button.
In this view, you can change the project ownership or remove this person from the project. Just use the "..." (three dots) and a menu will pop up in which you can remove the person from the project or change their privileges.
What Can the People You Invite to a Project Do?
By default, if you invite someone to a project, they become a "User" of this project. You can later change their status to "Admin" or "Guest" depending on what type of access you want to give them to the project.
Note: this feature is in the works and will be available in Nozbe 2.1 - it might not be available yet if you're running a lower version of Nozbe.
User can participate in the project fully: can add tasks, comment on tasks, complete tasks, delegate tasks and change tasks' parameters - when you invite someone to a project, they become the "User" of this project.
Admin can do the same things as the "User". Additionally, only Admin can invite people to the project, or can complete their project or delete it. Admin can also change people's privileges in the project.
Guests can do less than Users, as they can only comment on tasks and complete tasks they were delegated to. A Guest cannot add new tasks or delegate tasks or modify tasks in any way - typically if you're a contractor and want to invite your customer to follow the project, you'd make them a Guest.
How Can I Leave a Project Somebody Was Sharing with Me?
If you want to leave a project you are a part of, click on the "Leave" button next to your name:
Managing a Team in Nozbe
- Team in Nozbe - How Many Nozbe Accounts Can I Have?
- Privacy - Why Can't I See All of the Projects of My Team Members?
- How to Add a Person to My Team (Create a Nozbe Account for Them)?
- How to Invite a New Team Members to Several Projects at Once?
- What Else Can I Do in the Team View?
- Can Team Ownership Be Transferred
- Can I Be a Part of More Than One Team in Nozbe
- Related Free Course: Step 5: Collaboration of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Team in Nozbe - How Many Nozbe Accounts Can I Have?
After you've set up a Nozbe account for yourself, you can also set up additional Nozbe accounts for your partner, colleagues or students.
Nozbe PRO account includes 1-2 people, each additional one costs a good cup of coffee per month
Pricing in Nozbe is pretty straightforward. A Nozbe PRO account lets you create your main Nozbe account and an additional account for your partner or whoever you want to.
Each additional account costs a nominal monthly fee as per our pricing page.
Nozbe PRO comes with a 30-day unlimited trial - you can create and remove as many accounts for as many people as you want during the trial. Later, when you're ready to check out and pay for Nozbe PRO you'll be charged for the actual number of accounts you have created.
If you're on an old Nozbe Personal Plan, you'll be automatically upgraded to Nozbe PRO and if you weren't, please contact us.
If you're on an old Nozbe Family (up to 5 people), Team (up to 20 people) or Business (up to 100 people) plans, you'll still have the ability to add people within your plan. Additionally, you'll be able to add more people one-by-one as per our current pricing
Privacy - Why Can't I See All of the Projects of My Team Members?
In Nozbe by default every new project is private. If you set up an additional account for someone in Nozbe it basically means two things:
- You're paying for this person's account (they're a part of your Nozbe bill)
- You'll have it easier to share projects with them
By default, everyone's projects are private so even if you've created a Nozbe account for someone, you still need to share a project with them to be able to see their tasks in this project.
Your team members will be displayed on the list of people you can share a project with, but you won't have access to their private projects.
How to Add a Person to My Team (create a Nozbe account for them)?
In Nozbe, go to "Team" section. It's divided into three parts:
- You - well, that's you :-)
- Your team members - people who have Nozbe accounts created by you
- Sharing projects with - people who have their own, independent Nozbe accounts but you are sharing projects with them
To add a person to your team, just tap on the "+" icon in the bottom right corner. Put their email address and use the "Add" button.
After you've accepted a confirmation screen, this person will receive an invite to create a Nozbe account within your team.
Note: only you and one additional person are included in your Nozbe PRO account, so each additional invite will result in a nominal monthly charge as per our pricing.
How to Invite a New Team Members to Several Projects at Once?
In the "Team" section, choose a person and go to their info bar ("i"). There, you'll be able to:
- See all the projects you're sharing with them
- Invite them to more projects - just use the button and select the projects from the list
- Print the list of tasks they're delegated to
- Remove from the team - if you want to close their Nozbe account
When you choose the "activity" section of the info bar, you'll be able to follow their recent activity in Nozbe in the projects you're sharing with them.
What Else Can I Do in the Team View?
When you've selected a person in the "Team" view, you'll see all of the tasks delegated to this person from all of the projects you're sharing with them.
You can now choose any task and comment on it, add parameters, delegate it to someone else, you name it.
This is a great view for managers to see how people they're working with are doing and what their peers are currently working on.
Can Team Ownership Be Transferred?
If you're creating Nozbe accounts for your peers, you are the Team owner as you're administering the account and paying for it.
It is possible that, being an owner of a Nozbe PRO account, at some point you will decide that it should be managed by someone else... or you will simply be changing your job and thus will need to transfer the power to someone who is staying on board with the company you are about to leave. What then?
Direct transfer by users is not yet possible, but our Support Team will be more than happy to do it for you. In such case, please contact our support:
Please remember to include the email address your account is under, and the address of the person who will be taking over.
Can I Be a Part of More Than One Teams in Nozbe?
Being a part of the team means someone (Team Owner) is paying for your Nozbe account. It's an administrative decision. Thus, we can't have more than one team owner paying for one and the same additional Nozbe account.
That's why one Nozbe account can only be a part of one team.
However, this doesn't mean you cannot share projects with other teams. You can be simply invited by the other team owner to their projects and work with their team in these projects. You'll be visible in the "sharing projects with" section of their Nozbe Team.
It simply doesn't matter in Nozbe if you're a part of a Nozbe team or not, sharing projects is independent of team memberships.
How Search Works in Nozbe (video)
You can search within Nozbe for projects, tasks or tasks comments. Just go the "Search" section in your Nozbe menu:
A window appears where you should type the task or project name you want to search for.
You can type the entire name or only a part of it or select an item from the search history:
In my example it is the word: “tas”.
In the search results, you can see the list of related tasks(1.), projects (2.) and categories (3.):
Now, you can filter the search results in the info bar. It´s very handy when the list with results is quite long.
How to Add Tasks Quickly with "#" (video)
When adding a new task, you can simultaneously specify its details (parameters). You can do this by using hash symbol "#" and choosing from the list displayed below:
Each detail must be preceded by a hashtag:
Side note: in case you wish to add a specific date and time the format used should be for example: "#january 10 11:00" - this will make an action set to the nearest 10th of January for 11 a.m.
If you wish to send the action right away to a Priority list simply type #priority or #!
You can also create task with comment included thanks to hashtags. Just use double hashtag: Task ##Comment
You can also use hashtags when adding tasks to Nozbe via email.
Email Tasks to Nozbe
- How Emailing Tasks to Nozbe Works (video)
- Setting up Your Nozbe Email Address
- Forwarding an Email to Nozbe to Convert It to a Task
- Emailing Multiple Tasks at Once
- Trick: Emailing task with checklist
- Trick: Emailing Comments to Already Existing Tasks
How Emailing Tasks to Nozbe Works (video)
Setting up Your Nozbe Email Address
One of most useful features in daily life is ability to email tasks and attachments to Nozbe. Anything you will need to set up is your nickname and PIN in the settings (Integrations) of your account. This will create your unique email address within Nozbe that will allow the system to recognize the email as actionable and yours.
This is where you will be able to set your nickname and PIN.
Once you click the personal info tab you will see the following view
Now enter your nickname and PIN in the fields and update the changes. Once done your personalized email is set up.
Example: if you set a nickname to "ann" and PIN to 2222 your email for Nozbe would be firstname.lastname@example.org
Forwarding an Email to Nozbe to Convert It to a Task
You can make a variation of that email for specific project. Further to the example above, let’s say you have a project “birthday” and you want to add a task directly to it. You should then send your email to email@example.com.
Now, to send the 1st task you need to go to your email client. Open a new message, type the address and a task name. The subject line can be your task name, but you can also type the name of task in the body of the message, just as shown in the example below:
Please note that there is a period before the name of the task and one space ((.)(space)(task)). Both “.” and a "space" are essential for correct interpretation by the system.
The message will end up in Nozbe within few seconds as a task in your Inbox. Also anything under the name of the task will end up as a comment to that task.
The effect for both those examples will be as follows:
Please note that all of the formatting used for creating actions also works in emailing them to Nozbe. Here is more on that: Hashtags
Emailing Multiple Tasks at Once
One of the most useful aspects of emailing tasks to Nozbe is that you can add as many tasks as you want to. Here is an example:
The result in Inbox a second later is:
Please note that tasks which I have sent with comments do have comments in Inbox and the one I have scheduled for today is marked with a star and a date-tag. Also the part that I have cut off by typing a double hyphen (--) — got ignored.
Trick: Emailing task with a checklist
If you want to include a checklist in your task, just type the word “checklist:” and use brackets and minus/plus signs to include checklist’s elements. Just like on the screen below:
After sending such an email you will have a task with a checklist in your Nozbe.
Trick: Emailing of Comments to Already Existing Tasks
Here's a quick example that best illustrates how it works. Let say we have a project "Michael´s birthday party" and one of my tasks there: "Research gift ideas"
We search the web for ideas and come up with several things we would like to add to it. We of course start with the email address we use for sending emails to Nozbe nick.PIN@nozbe.me (please check on yours in the settings of your account).
But here the similarities end. Once we have the email, we'll need to inform Nozbe of which task we wish to add the comment to and that can be only done by amending our title line in the message. The format should be as follows: #task: TASK NAME
In this example, the title line should look like this #task: Research gift ideas
Please be aware that:
- This parameter can be added instead of a subject line or at the end of it. In the latter case the rest of subject line will go to the beginning of the comment
- You don't have to put the entire name of the task: "Research gift ideas". It is enough to write a fragment "Resea" or "gift" or "idea" but in such case you have to be careful that the name you put matches only that of the desired task. If it matches other tasks the comment will go randomly to one of them.
If you prefer a video version of this instruction please watch this screencast:
based on blog post by Rafał
It is possible to print out when you are in:
One of your Nozbe projects
Your Priority list
One of your Categories
New Comments view
Use the button "Print" in info bar of given view to print:
Possible print options will appear. Tick the one you like:
If you wish to print all comments you have to select option print include first 3 comments first.
PDF file should open in your default web browser.
You can print it or share it with co-workers.
Please note that in some cases you will need to allow app.nozbe.com to open pop-ups in your web browser.
To get your things done efficiently use the following shortcuts:
- Icobar shortcuts:
- Global shortcuts:
space – quick adding task window.
n - Sync
- Task details shortcuts:
OS X desktop app shortcuts
Starting from version 2.0.9 for OS X keyboard shortcuts get even more powerful on Macs.
All shortcuts are listed in the App in native menu:
- Icobar shortcuts:
- Task list shortcuts:
- Task details shortcuts:
- Quick add task - hotkey
Using ctrl+cmd+T adds a new task to your Nozbe account regardless of where you are (e.g. another application, mailing program, ...)
You can edit that particular shortcut by going to Nozbe->Native app settings:
Nozbe can send you push notifications on your mobile device or OS X computer whenever there are:
- Due tasks - before your tasks are due - on 9 am for daily tasks, 30 minutes before time bound tasks, day before for upcoming ones.
- Project invitations - whenever you're invited to a project by someone
- Delegated tasks - when someone in a shared project delegates a task to you
- Your name mentioned - when someone in a shared project writes in a comment @YourUserName
You can enable or disable each of these options in your account settings.
Please note that this type of alerts are available at the following platforms: iOS, Android and OS X (version from Mac App Store). They can be enabled/disabled via System Settings on each platform.
If you do not receive notifications on iOS 8 although you have enabled that option in Nozbe settings, please go to iOS Settings->Notifications->Nozbe and switch off notifications for Nozbe app and turn them on again.
Nozbe can send you an email with activity logs in shared projects every hour.
You can enable or disable this option in your account settings.
Integration with Your Other Apps
- How Evernote Works with Nozbe (Video)
- Why Nozbe Works So Well with Evernote
- How to Enable Integration with Evernote
- How to Attach Your Evernote Notes to Projects
- How to Add Evernote Notes as Comments to Tasks
- How to Automatically Sync Evernote Reminders with Nozbe
How Evernote Works with Nozbe (Video)
Why Nozbe Works So Well with Evernote
Integration with Evernote is one of most useful features in Nozbe. You can access it regardless of the account owned in Nozbe. Even a free Evernote and free Nozbe are sufficient for using your Evernote notes as reference materials within your Nozbe. You can either keep them under attachments area of your project or/and add them directly to actions in form of comments. To do so, you will first need to authorize Nozbe’s access to your Evernote account and that can be done from the "Settings" section.
How to Enable Integration with Evernote
Choose "Settings" from the left-hand bar(1). Then select "Integrations"(2). Integration with Evernote is 3rd from the top.
Click the button and authorize Nozbe's access(3).
Upon confirming you will be taken to the following screen:
- The access token is valid only 1-year after which you will need to re-authorize (this is the case of this test account)
- In case of re-authorization please click this button; in case of new set up you will only have "authorize" button
- Provides you with information on what Nozbe will be able to do and what it won't. Please read it careful as to avoid confusion later on
Once the process is completed you will be taken to the following screen:
You will also receive confirmation email from Evernote to your email.
And from now on you will be able to see your notes in Nozbe. Please do remember that they are your reference materials, so if you wish to update them, it needs to be in the app of their origin = in Evernote.
How to Attach Your Evernote Notes to Projects
Now, to see your Evernote notes in Nozbe follow instructions below:
- Access the list of your projects
- Choose any
- Locate and click on the "i" icon to open the info bar
- Pick the "paper clip" icon to access the attachments area of a project
Clicking the "+" will open the attachment options where you will need to choose "Evernote note" from the dropdown list:
At this point, Nozbe using the Evernote API will locate your notes with some options:
- You can filter your notes by name
- The list of your recent (max. 100) Evernote notes
- First part of the (2) list is list of suggested notes - here you will find notes tagged with the same name as your Nozbe project
- Second part of the (2) list - rest of your recent notes
OK, you may ask what if a note that I want to add is not among my 100 recent notes in Evernote? You can search for it:
Just start typing in the field (1) and after entering at least 3 characters (2) a link will appear. Click/Tap on it to search for eg. “Gra” in your Evernote account.
A new section - found notes has been attached to the list of notes. These are results of your “Gra” query and they include all the notes with this phrase in the title or in the body of a note. It is the native Evernote search. It also supports advanced search features like in the Evernote app.
You can choose more than one note to be attached at once and after selecting them please click the “Save” button that will appear at the top.
- Save button
- List of selected notes
- You can add additional comment to your notes
The notes you have selected will be displayed under project attachments from now on and will be visible for all project participants.
If you wish to preview an Evernote attachment simply click on it.
Please note the buttons on the border of this preview:
- Hides the note and allows you to go back in Nozbe to what you were doing
- Allows you to display the note in a browser
- Crates a task with this note as attachment to it
- "More" button -> leads to 3 options:
- change project
- favorite (pins a note to the top of the attachments list)
Please, note that options 3. and 4. are available only when you preview an attachment in the project's infobar.
How to Add Evernote Notes as Comments to Tasks
You may want to attach your notes to tasks instead of projects. This comes particularly handy if you need the notes as a fast reference for what needs to be done in a given action.
In such case, all you need to do is create a new comment in a desired project, change the comment format option from Text to Evernote and use the same mechanism as in project attachments, described above. You might also want to watch a video showing how to add comments in Nozbe.
How to Automatically Sync Evernote Reminders with Nozbe
This requires no special action on your part unless you do not wish to have it. Reminders will automatically synchronize into your Inbox once you will set up the integration. They will all bear “Evernote reminder” category and be set as actions to the date and time you have chosen for them in Evernote, with the note being a comment.
Please note that this new and enhanced integration allows you to see changes in the Evernote notes as soon as you introduce them in your Evernote.
Dropbox and Box
- How Integration with Dropbox and Box Work (Video)
- How to Connect to Your Dropbox or Box Account
- How to Attach a File from Dropbox or Box to Your Project
- How to Attach a File from Dropbox or Box to Your Task as a Comment
- What about Other Cloud Storage Providers? Google Drive, One Drive...
How Integration with Dropbox and Box Work (Video)
How to Connect to Your Dropbox or Box Account
You can directly use your Dropbox or Box files as comments and reference material in Nozbe. To take advantage of this feature, you need first connect Nozbe to your Dropbox account.
Here’s how to enable integration with Dropbox
Go to the "Settings" of your Nozbe account and choose the "Integrations" tab.
- Dropbox integration button
- Box.net integration button
Choose no.3 and follow the instructions.
If the process is successful, at the end, you will see the following message:
Of course, you need to click "Allow."
How to Attach a File from Dropbox or Box to Your Project
You will be able to attach files to your projects by following these steps:
- Project list
- Pick a project
- Access info bar
- Choose "Attachments" section
- Use the "+" icon and "Text" button to access the Dropbox option
Choosing that will allow you to either pick a file from the displayed dropdown list (2), or search your Dropbox by entering min. 3-letter query (2)
All you need to do is pick from the results and click "Save."
How to Attach a File from Dropbox or Box to Your Task as a Comment
First steps are the same as in case of adding a comment to a task. So you need to choose a task, click/tap "Add comment" in the comment field and:
- Choose "Text"
- Pick "Dropbox" from the dropdown list to change the mode
You will get similar effect to this:
Simply select file/s that you wish to attach and click "Save."
Please note that before you click "Save" you can also comment on the file right there and then... simply click on the comment line under the selected file, write what you wish to and "Save" afterwards.
What about Other Cloud Storage Providers? Google Drive, One Drive...
We will be working on full Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive integration to add them in future releases, stay tuned for updates or contact us if you want to help us test these solutions with Nozbe.
- How to Connect to Your Google Calendar Account
- Your Nozbe Calendar within Your Google Account
- How to Disable Integration with Google Calendar
How to Connect to Your Google Calendar Account
Nozbe Calendar can be synced with Google Calendar. This can be done in the "Settings" view. Choose "Settings" from the left-hand bar(1). Then select "Integrations"(2). Integration with Google Calendar is 2nd from the top.
Then, sign in to your Google Account:
The sync will be successful only if you allow Nozbe.com to access your Google Calendar:
See and choose how to get reminded about events:
Your Nozbe Calendar within Your Google Account
To find your Nozbe Calendar within your Google Account select "Calendar" in your Google Account and click on My calendars menu:
How to Disable Integration with Google Calendar
The Google Calendar sync can be terminated by clicking on the "Disconnect" link in the Integrations sections in the "Settings" view.
Please note that only events with set date will be synchronized.
Account Management and Payments
- Settings Section
- Personal Info
- Change Your Password
- Change Your Email Address
- Affiliate Program
Every user can customize their settings and options in Nozbe. They can also print their recent invoices, upgrade their plan or change the time zone there.
"Settings" section is located under the gear icon found on the icon bar on the left in your Nozbe app.
The "Account" section includes the information on your current plan in Nozbe, number of projects and team-members you can have, the date up to which your account is valid.
There is also the "Upgrade" or "Downgrade" button that lets you change the current plan.
The following two lines inform you of your account contents:
- App version you're currently running
- Number of projects and storage space you are using.
Please note that Nozbe PRO users can create as many projects as they wish and can use unlimited data storage.
Your "Processed Payments" area offers you direct access to printable invoices for each and every payment you have made. Simply click on the date. You can either print to a .pdf format or send a document directly to your printer.
- Here, you can change the avatar or image that represents you as a Nozbe user. This lets your teammates easily distinguish between tasks/comments made by you and delegated to you.
- Here, you will find the name you have used to create the account with - you can change it any time
- Shows the city you chose when signing up
- Country which you reside in. You can change it easily by choosing a different one from a dropdown list
- Allows you to decided which day your week starts with. In the US, calendars often start with Sundays and in Europe - with Mondays; but there are those of us who start their work week for instance on Wednesdays, so there you go.
- Time zone. This option is particularly important in case of discrepancies between your Nozbe and other calendars or devices you might be using. If you notice a difference in time set in tasks, please check if the zones in you other apps and locations correspond to the one set up here and amend if necessary.
Please, confirm each change by using the "Update info" button.
You can also change your Nozbe account password in the "Personal Info" section. To do so you will need your original password (or a temporary one sent by Nozbe in case you lost your password).
Simply type your old password in the 1st field and then write in the new one twice in the following fields. Use "Save changes" to confirm.
Email Address Change
Please note that this option will send a confirmation message to your old email address, so you do need to have access to it. If you don’t, please contact our Support Team to request their assistance.
The “Affiliate” section includes the information on your current Referral program statistics, number of visits and accounts signed up, your sales and processed payments.
Here you have three sections:
Email notifications - if you wish to receive emails on activities of the people you share projects with.
Push notifications - if you want to be informed every time one of your tasks becomes due, someone wants to share a project with you, delegates a task to you or mentions your @username in their comment. This section is only available for apps that do have push notifications, namely: iOS, Mac and Android
Push notifications for your devices - you can activate and deactivate push notifications on the device you use Nozbe with.
Nozbe works with your favorite apps to help you get even more done. This section lets you manage the way Nozbe synchronizes with these tools.
E-mail tasks to Nozbe
Following area serves to set up your nickname and PIN in Nozbe. Once you choose them, you can easily email tasks to Nozbe.
- Type your nickname here
- Type your PIN here and save changes
- Your Nozbe email will be now: nickname.PIN@nozbe.me
You can synchronize your Nozbe calendar with your Google Calendar to never miss deadlines again. It's easy, seamless and works both ways! Once you set up your integration with Google Calendar you will be getting reminders regarding due task there. Those are fixed on 30 minutes prior to an event - you can turn them off in the settings.
You can add task to Nozbe via your Twitter account. You will need to first request here Nozbe to follow your Twitter nickname.
You can easily attach your Evernote notes to tasks and projects by connecting your Nozbe and Evernote accounts.
Once you have your Nozbe linked to Evernote the integration will automatically cover your Evernote Reminders. A reminder added in Evernote will appear in your Inbox as a task with due date set in Evernote and a context "Evernote Reminder". The note itself will be attached to it as a comment.
In this section, you can connect your Nozbe and Dropbox accounts to be able to easily attach Dropbox files as comments to your tasks and projects.
Connect you Box and Nozbe accounts and attach your Box files to tasks and projects or access project-relevant files directly from Nozbe.
Please note, that there is a manual for each integration in corresponding section in Nozbe, so you can make sure you know how it works before you click a "Connect" button.
In our iOS and Android apps for the touch devices you can customize gestures. Read which gestures Nozbe supports
In this section you can change the behavior of the "right to left" swipe - it can open a popover with: time needed, project, category, due date, recurrence or responsibility.
The last section in "Settings" opens a video tutorial for you. We have placed it here to ease accessibility to it for those users who wish to review it.
The new 2014 Nozbe PRO plan:
- 30-day Nozbe PRO Trial
- Upgrading Your Account to Nozbe PRO
- Nozbe PRO Pricing
- Downgrade - Free Nozbe Account
- Additional People in Your Team
- iTunes and Appstore Payments
- Accepted Modes of Payment
- Billing Cycles and Restrictions
- Canceling a Nozbe Account
30-day Nozbe PRO Trial
At Nozbe, we understand that peoples' needs vary and we don't want to charge you for our service unless you're totally happy with it. That is why our new customers can test Nozbe PRO for full 30 days for free and if they decide to pay, they are still covered by our additional 30-day money back guarantee.
Singing up for a trial account gives you a chance to use Nozbe with all its fantastic features and possibilities it offers - you can create unlimited projects, tasks and notes as well as invite as many people to your team as you want .
During the trial period you can use Nozbe on any device you own.
Upgrading Your Account to Nozbe PRO
When your 30-day free trial ends you'll be prompted to start paying for your Nozbe PRO account.
This way you will be able to smoothly continue developing your productivity system within Nozbe and maintain the full access to our app. When setting up a PRO account you'll be charged for the actual number of accounts you have created during the trial period unless you decide to delete some of them before proceeding with the payment.
Nozbe PRO account includes 1-2 people (depending on whether you want to use Nozbe on your own or with a partner). Each additional account costs only a cup of a good coffee = a nominal monthly fee as per our pricing page.
Important: if you are still not sure whether Nozbe is what you really need, don't worry! We offer every paying customer a 30-day money back guarantee. It means that you get all your money back if you cancel your Nozbe PRO account within 30 days of the payment.
Remember that you save 20% (that's more than 2 months free!) if you choose to pay for your PRO account for one year in advance.
Nozbe PRO Pricing
- In most of the countries we charge in US Dollars ($/USD)
- In Japan we charge in Japanese Yen (¥/JPY)
- In most of the European Union we charge in EURO (€/EUR) with the exception of Poland (where we charge in PLN - Polish Złoty) and the United Kingdom (where we charge in GBP - British Pounds). All EU prices include the Value Added Tax (VAT) of 23%
European Union VAT number for EU companies
If you plan to use Nozbe for your company and it is registered in the EU (except of Poland), please remember to enter your company name and EU VAT number in appropriate fields - this way you won't be charged the Value Added Tax.
Downgrade - Free Nozbe Account
Yes, after 30 days of trying Nozbe out you can still convert your trial to a free Nozbe account. You won't be able to add people to your team and you'll only have 5 projects (vs unlimited in Nozbe PRO account) but maybe it's all you need.
Additional People in your Team
The major advantage of Nozbe PRO account is its flexibility. Being an account owner you only pay for the users that actually use Nozbe. You can remove inactive users as well as add new users whenever you need and pay for the exact amount of time their accounts are in use.
Every Nozbe PRO user can set one extra account free of charge and then add as many additional people to their team as they want. For every new account there is a monthly fee to be paid according to our pricing page. You can cancel the inactive account under your Nozbe PRO account at any time and the money that haven't been used will partly cover your monthly payment.
Example: it's October 1st and you have just paid for a Nozbe PRO account with four extra accounts. On the 15th you decided to remove one person from your team. This means that you used only 50% of the fee you paid for that ex-user's account. Our system registers that! The amount that is left will cover a couple of days of Nozbe usage for the rest of your team. Thus, you won't be charged for the next month's payment on the November 1st, but a few days later.
iTunes and App Store Payments
For our customers' comfort we have two payment channels: you can either login to your Nozbe account and make your payments and add new accounts via our secure system or use the in-app purchase option in Apple App Store (providing you use Nozbe on your iOS or Mac device).
We are happy to introduce the App Store payments to let iOS users save some time and effort. They can make their monthly payments and add new team members easily via their iTunes account.
Please note though, that it is impossible to take advantage of our promotions and discounts with the in-app purchase. If you wish to get 2 months free by paying for one year in advance or use any special discount codes, please, log in to your Nozbe account and use the native Nozbe payment system.
Accepted Modes of Payment
In Nozbe payment system, we accept credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, MaestroCard, JCB, American Express), PayPal and (for Poland only) wire transfers.
In case of PayPal, both direct debit from a PayPal account and payment by credit card without PayPal account are accepted.
Wire transfers are limited to Poland only and will show as option only after you introduce appropriate billing address during the checkout process.
We don't charge additional fees, but your banks might
Nozbe.com (Apivision.com) charges users only the fee as displayed on our website and in your payment confirmation. Please note that some banks may pose on your transaction additional fees for which Nozbe takes no responsibility. If you decide to take advantage of our 30-days money back guarantee we will refund only the fee as provided at our website.
If you have a discount coupon (either from special offer or from our support personnel) please type it in the "coupon code" field. The value of it will automatically influence what you see at the top of the page in the "Review payment information" area.
Billing Cycles and Restrictions
All the payments are subject to auto-renewal and by processing a payment you acknowledge and accept this condition. The recurrence can be stopped at anytime, just contact us and we will stop the billing cycle, but account remains valid for the rest of period that it has been paid for. Only wire transfers require manual renewal.
There are two types of cycles: monthly and annual (if you pay for 1 year in advance you save 20% - it's like getting more than two months free!).
If you pay for Nozbe via App Store (iTunes) we can't help you with stopping your payment. Due to Apple's policies, only the owner of account can cancel his/her subscription. In this case, please, make sure to stop recurring on your end in: "My account->Manage my subscriptions" in your iTunes account.
Canceling a Nozbe Account
We don't want to charge you for our service unless you're totally happy with it. We have a track record of more than 95% customers satisfaction so we're pretty confident you'll love how Nozbe helps you get things done, but we don't want to charge you unless you're crazy-happy and productive.
As a new user you can go for a 30-day free trial and then, once you decide to sign up for a Nozbe PRO account you have another 30 days to try out Nozbe with all its fantastic features at no risk. If you decide to cancel your account within 30 days, do so and e-mail us and we'll give you your money back. Every. Single. Cent.
How to cancel your Nozbe account
If you wish to cancel your account, simply go to your "Settings" section in Nozbe and choose "Cancel my Nozbe account" in the "Account" section.
Once you click on the link you will be taken to the confirmation window. Remember! After confirming the cancellation, you won't be able to access your account and any attempt to log in will result in error message informing you that there is no such account (unless you have created a new one under the same address).
Please note that Nozbe newsletter system is separate and if you do not wish to receive further emails from us you will need to click unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of any newsletter you have received.
Pre 2014 Nozbe Personal, Family, Team and Business plans:
- Upgrading Nozbe Personal to Nozbe PRO
- How to Add More People to Your pre-2014 Nozbe Plan
- Savings - When It Makes Sense to Switch to Nozbe PRO?
Personal to PRO
We changed Nozbe plans in November 2014. If you have been using Nozbe Family, Nozbe Team or Nozbe Business plan up to that date, you can continue having it and paying for it. We won't force you to change to the new Nozbe PRO. However, you might consider this change and save.
All personal users will be automatically upgraded to the new 2014 Nozbe PRO
If you have been using Nozbe Personal, we will automatically change your plan to Nozbe PRO at no additional charge. You will keep paying as much (or as low) as you'd been paying before, but you'll get the benefit of adding a second person to your Nozbe account for free.
How to Add More People to Your pre-2014 Nozbe Plan
No matter which plan you have in Nozbe, you can add people to your team whenever you need. Every time the same rule applies: each additional account costs you only a cup of a good coffee = a nominal monthly fee as per our pricing page. This way you only pay for the user who are actually active.
If you paid for Nozbe Family, Team or Business plans before new regulations came into power and you haven't used all the team-members "slots", you can keep adding people for free until you reach the limit of your plan. After that, you can keep adding new people at our new, affordable prices.
Savings - When It Makes Sense to Switch to Nozbe PRO?
- Nozbe Family Plan: If you are 2-3 people on a Family account, switch to Nozbe PRO and save between 25%-50%
- Nozbe Team Plan: If you are 2-9 people on a Team account, switch to Nozbe PRO and save between 10%-90%
- Nozbe Business Plan: If you are 2-19 people on a Business account, switch to Nozbe PRO and save between 5%-90%