“Trust is good, but control is better,” they say. Well, Michael says the opposite: control is overvalued, and trust is the key to a focused and effective remote team. Learn why!
One common misconception is that managers can’t truly control the work being completed by remote employees and, therefore, can’t check whether they are doing their jobs or not. But is that true?
Remote workers do not just pretend to work; on the contrary, remote workers may find it easier or be more willing to perform additional tasks. Whether working in an office or remotely, employees need to be motivated, not controlled. That’s why trust is one of our core values.
Watch the episode to learn how Michael evaluates how his team works:
➡ Do you have a good sense of trust in your team? Leave a comment below!
- Nozbe Values – our core principles
- 9 facts and myths about remote work on our blog
- “Where is Nozbe based?” – Ask Michael S01E12
- “How do you run your company remotely?” – Ask Michael S03E01
- The Pyramid Communication in our team – Ask Michael S03E03
- Instant communication in a remote team – Ask Michael S03E10
- “Ask Michael” YouTube playlist
- “Ask Michael” podcast
“Ask Michael - The Productivity Guy” is a weekly series of short videos with Michael. We gather dozens of questions from users, then we choose the best of them. Now Michael is answering them every Monday.